The original recipe inspiration is yummy too, however the day I made this batch I did not have all the listed ingredients... so I winged it from my pantry and there you have it!
Swiss Chard Pesto ~ My Version
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped - I added extra!
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and torn into smallish pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 ounces of nutritional yeast
- 1 bunch of basil leaves (about 1/2 cup packed) - I combined a variety of basil's including a tablespoon of dried, because my plant was not yet large enough.
- Kosher salt - to taste.
~ Blessings & Enjoy!