Pumpkin Pancakes

During the fall season we use a lot of pumpkin, often times I will use Hubbard squash in place of many recipes calling for canned pumpkin and most of the time you can never tell the difference. Although I like to have a few cans of organic pumpkin on our shelves for those mornings when I am craving some good old fashioned pumpkin pancakes.




Those Pumpkin Pancakes: {Inspiration Recipe}

2 cups freshly ground Whole Wheat Flour, I use hard white wheat
4 t Baking Powder
1 t Real Salt
2 T Maple Sugar, honey or maple syrup would be great as well
1 T melted coconut oil, olive oil or butter
1 can pumpkin puree, I have not tried Hubbard squash with this recipe
2 eggs, laid by cage free, healthy chickens

*a little ground clove and ginger would be nice too!

Throw the ingredients into a large bowl, mix well and cook them up on a hot, cast iron skillet. I also add some cinnamon and nutmeg to taste, and sometimes I will add a dash of vanilla. Serve with butter and a little drizzle of fresh raw cream or anyway you prefer.



As I write this I am again reminded of why I love this time of year, and why I love pancakes. It truly has been a beautiful autumn season here, and the cold frame is holding up nicely... which reminds me, I need to harvest some late season lettuce this week.

~ Blessings & Shalom!

No comments