Pumpkin Butter Cinnamon Rolls

These rolls sing fall like none I have ever tried... a mental creation resulting from a taste from my first batch of pumpkin butter, well actually it was hubbard butter as my daughter likes to remind me...


First make your batch of pumpkin butter, however I substituted my hubbard squash for the pumpkin and it turned out great. The recipe linked is what I used for my guideline, but I would encourage you to experiment with your taste buds. Then make your cinnamon roll dough... like the one shared below:

The Roll Dough
2 Cups ~ Warm Water
1/3 Cup ~ Honey
1 ½ T ~ Yeast
¼ Cup ~ Olive Oil
6 Cups ~ Whole Wheat Flour, roughly

Prepare like standard bread recipe, let rise until doubled. After doubled, pour out onto the counter and shape into large rectangle, about one inch to an inch and a half thick, smear a thick layer of pumpkin butter over the top, drop butter hunks throughout and roll. Slice thick, place rolls into a greased 9 x 13 pan and let rise again. Bake @ 350 for about 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown.

Serve warm, with a cold glass of milk or when the rolls are cooled place them in your fridge and eat them in the morning. They reheat nicely in a warm oven, and are perfect for cool fall mornings. 

~ Enjoy

No comments