January 29, 2013

Early Morning Light:

I ran out the back door with barely a sip of coffee down my throat, watching the sun as it was just starting to shine over the back hill and spill it's rays out over the new fallen snow.

I was hoping to capture the sparkles dancing through the yard...

{My mind heavy... just like the branches it seems.}


Snow. I send up a grateful prayer... snow equals moisture.

But by the time I had reached the corner of the wood shed, I wished I would have thrown on a heavier jacket and maybe some day clothes, since these flannel pajamas are not really all that warm in below twenty weather.

{Wondering when will the view over my yard be without power lines?}


I snapped some quick shots. Poor lighting.

It was early and I was cold... remembering my hot cup of coffee was sitting on the kitchen counter, just waiting for me.

{Abba forgive me. Help me to wait.}


I headed into the house, located that coffee and walked to the table. Opened my bible and started reading my Psalms for today.

For he strengthens the bars of your gates; he blesses your children within you.
He makes peace in your borders; he fills you with the finest of the wheat.
He sends out his command to the earth; his word runs swiftly.
He gives snow like wool; he scatters hoarfrost like ashes.
He hurls down his crystals of ice like crumbs; who can stand before his cold?
He sends out his word, and melts them; he makes his wind blow and the waters flow.
He declares his word to Jacob, his statutes and rules to Israel. {Psalm 147:13-19}

Fitting. 

{Thank you Abba.} 

1 comment: