April 16, 2013

2013 Garden Journal: questions, classes and waiting for snow

Inside: A lot can happen in a month... your family life goals and heart plans can change rather quickly or everything you thought would change could remain exactly the same. I am not sure where we are in this mix, but I do know this... we are staying here for one more growing season and honestly I think this year may be hard on so many levels.

What would you do if someone gave you five acres, debt free?

What if I told you there is no guarantee of a job there, other than what you can create for yourself at this moment? What if I said this five acres has a well, septic and electricity all ready there, and with in fifty miles of you is all the help you could ever ask for... what would you do? What if your moderately in debt and are truly trying very hard to get out of it? What if you could start your own business and break away from this system and leave all the results up to our Heavenly Father?

I hate what ifs because they are often heavily influenced by fear.

So here it is... an outdated 'picture of a picture' of those five acres. However, what you can't see is the hardwoods and the open space for pasture... and the family not too far away. But can you see the possibilities? Can you see the potential here?


Did I tell you that we have been praying for land, without going into more debt, for a very long time before this was given to my husband? Again I ask what would you do?

Commit your work to YHVH, and your plans will be established.
~ Proverbs 16:3 ~

Outside: We are suppose to get a snow storm over the next two days, so the outside garden preparations are on a halt for the time being. But we have been prepping our beds and starting our seeds... I just so happen to get a little carried away on our tomato starts, although this blunder may have beneficial monetary outcomes. In fact, I have a lady who will purchase my extras, which led me to think... who else would buy solid heirloom tomato plants? Hmm.


What's New: Steven and I have a class tonight at the local green house on raising tomatoes, and I am all registered for the Sustainability of Food Systems class that begins in May, an eight week commitment. Both of which I am really excited about, as I am looking forward to learning some new things in these areas.

We were blessed with a new garden resource, Seed to Seed by Suzanne Ashworth, I have waited for this book for years and I was not disappointed... it's truly a great book!

Family Resource: A Basket of Flowers in book or Audio Drama - this is a wonderful story, perfect for those last snow storms of the season.

~ Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment