{Family Herbalist} update thru unit four

Okay - first I will just say, I am loving this course! There is so much to learn and honestly almost as much to unlearn. Right now I am on unit five and I have not been faithful to share one every unit because frankly, I do not have the time to commit to it right now. I am attempting to participate in a fitness challenge, transform my kitchen and finish my Torah class. My online time is extremely limited, and when I am on I am trying to re-vamp my blog content. {again}

Readers, this is what I have... a brief {I say again... brief} post share of units two thru four:

Unit Two: macronutrients

Artichokes are Awesome!

Unit Two Project: the four day menu

Day 1:
  • Berry Smoothie with Oatmeal Muffins - Breakfast
  • Hemp Hummus with Red Palm Oil & Flat Bread - Lunch
  • Chicken Barley Chili - Dinner
  • Carrots & Dip - Snack
Day 2
  • Eggs and Hashbrowns - Breakfast
  • Apples, Peanut Butter Yogurt and Prunes - Lunch
  • Vegan Asian Wraps - Dinner
  • Broccoli and Dip - Snack
Day 3
  • Almond Butter & Honey on Buckwheat Pancakes - Breakfast
  • Cauliflower Cheese Sticks with Pesto - Lunch
  • Greek Salad with Feta and Bread Sticks - Dinner
  • Chia Superfood Pudding with Hemp - Snack
Day 4
  • Mango Smoothie and Oatmeal with Flax - Breakfast
  • Kale Chips and Veggie Juice - Lunch
  • Black Bean Taco's with Avocado, Lettuce and Tomato - Dinner
  • Banana Walnut Bread with Quinoa Flour - Snack

Unit Three: micronutrients {previous post}


So I completed the unit three project, and then we went out and purchased a juicer after watching the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Um yeah. I nearly killed myself... okay not really. But let me tell you that three days of juice fasting was rough for me, I had stomach cramps and pain worse than when I delivered my ten pound son. {No Joke!}

My system was entirely cleared out by the morning of day two and the rest of the day was spent in agony. Will I do it again? YES! In fact we have been juicing ever since through out the week and after the initial hump, I love it... I hope to gear up for some juice feasting in the near future, but right now it's about a couple of times a week.

I did it! A great tasting sourdough. Thank you Jessie!

And Unit Four: bread {previous post}

I have been playing with my home grown sourdough for weeks, cleaning out all my yeast recipes and attempting to replace them with sour dough options only. I will do this. LORD help me do this. Most of my views, as shared in the above post link have not changed, however I have re-read the Vintage Remedies Guide to Bread and one of the things that finally made sense was the gluten concerns.

No we are not going completely gluten free, because medically we do not have this need, but we are seriously looking at our grain intake and making some possible changes, of which sourdough is a huge part of. Like I said before there is so much to learn about bread and the role it played throughout history.

Well that covers my quick update and now I am signing off, I have a fitness challenge to partake of.

~ Blessings!

*Please note that my posts are editorial in nature and are not meant to treat or diagnose any illness. Please practice personal health safety. I am currently enrolled in the course from Vintage Remedies called Family Herbalist by Jessie Hawkins, so please feel free to head over there if you are interested. ~ Blessings!

No comments