Grilled or Toasted Peanut Butter & Pecan Granola

Some of you may know that I am currently without an oven as we transition from the camping area to the cabin... which hopefully will be by Sukkot or the end of summer. This season of our lives has created somewhat of a learning curve for me in the way of baking. As my cooking options at this time are over propane... either in the way of a camp chef or a small two burner. Which means my trusty old oven recipes have to be creatively converted or placed on hold. But all is not lost... we have a recipe conversion success story!



Grilled and Toasted Peanut Butter & Pecan Granola


The Recipe:

 3 cups Oats
1/3 cup Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Maple Syrup {or Honey}
1 t Vanilla
¼ t Salt
3 T Butter {or Coconut Oil}
1 cup Pecans {whole or piece}

The Directions:
  • Melt the peanut butter, maple syrup and butter together in a medium sauce pan, add – the oats, vanilla and salt – stir well. Enough to coat the oats.... this is where I test my texture. If it looks too dry I add a little more wet of either butter or maple syrup. Sometimes both. Add the Pecans.
  • Toss this mixture into your heated dutch oven and cover, let it be - over low to medium heat for about five minutes... then check it. Do not leave it alone or you may burn your granola. After five minutes – stir. Repeat for about three times to equal roughly fifteen minutes.
  • Remove your pan from the heat and leave the lid on. Let your granola sit for about ten minutes... stir. Remove lid. Once the granola is cool –  store in the cooler or the fridge.

This process sounds involved, but really I just threw it all in and watched & stirred it every now again. However this recipe is a little more moist than other granola's that I make - which is why I store it in the cooler/fridge.

We were so pleased this worked and that it tasted yummy! Trust me when I say I have had a couple of do overs. {we ate those too} This was served for Shabbat breakfast with home made vanilla yogurt and/or a half cup of raw milk option. 

Perfect for warm spring mornings.

~ blessings!

Shared With: Homemaking Monday's #53 @ Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth

No comments