November 2, 2015

Events of this October

Here I am. This me. Sitting here holding on to hope... and waiting for the answer to come. Waiting for the light to shine on the road beneath our feet... reflecting.

How I love fall, this truly is my favorite time of year. The cooler days, and nights. The rain. The breezes. The decline of ticks and other creepies that make them selves obvious. Fall. Holding the promise of warm nights knitting, snuggled up with floating conversation in the room... and a change of seasons.

Amish eggs ~ $2.00 a dozen

This October started with the joyous fellowship of Sukkot, many hearts wrapped in community... music, dancing, conversation and laughter. Yes, a perfect way to begin my favorite time of year.

Then came the investment of a second vehicle. A fixer upper... this 1984 Ford Pick – up, whom my daughter fondly named Cletis. Cletis needs some love... some actual repairs, but it's a great truck. 

And we paid cash for it...

Cletis awaiting his little repairs and acts of love.

Then came the news... the news that my husband lost his job. I still remember the look on his face when he walked up, I could see it, but I asked anyway... “whats wrong?” He told me. I kissed his face, and smiled... and said “ok” - “we will be just fine”... when he left to take a walk and talk with his Maker, I went to a quiet place and cried my prayers. Knowing our El, sees and hears.

Knowing He is faithful and works in our lives daily!

Our date nights, now that he is home for this season.

In the natural, I wondered how long could we live on four hundred dollars. How far could I make that food dollar stretch...  and was Cletis a wise investment or something in which we jumped to soon.

Only time will tell, and it's now November. 


 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
{Matthew 6:34}

~ blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet Andi, how I wish we could sit and chat! My family has been down this road before, and one thing I know for sure that the Father is so faithful and so amazing! I know He is just going to bless your socks off and I can't wait to hear about it! Love you!

    Chana (Tewauna)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chana, thank you. This whole season... this last year and a half seems to be about standing in the moment and trusting in this moment... knowing He has it. Oh that I would remember that always. :)

    ReplyDelete