Management Molly & the Modern Day Herbal w/ Printable

Confession. I have a strong binder affection. Which seems to be closely followed by my 'need' to collect office supplies... tape... and pencils of all sorts. Well there's that admiration I have with all things wool but we won't talk about that right now. This is about organization.

These days I am trying to be very intentional with a couple of resources that I have. They help guide me in my home keeping... doing a wonderful job at keeping me focused and on task in multiple areas. I admit that sometimes I still feel like I am trying to find my groove, but these administrative assistants have definitely blessed me and I get to utilize my affection for binders to boot!

Let me introduce you to my friend MollyGreen, through her I acquired my Garden Planner:

I am  still working on coloring all the pages...

Which contains... binder cover page and spine, garden plans, necessities, seasonal to do-lists, seed inventory, monthly to-do lists and to-plants, garden layouts, seed to save lists and garden notes. I really enjoy the graphics in this planner, the larger but detailed images that are great for coloring and the all the areas where I can pour my self into the planner to make it more geared for 'me'.

And my Canning, Pantry and Food Preservation Planner:

I haven't even started coloring those pages yet...

Which contains... binder cover page and spine, pantry and freezer inventory sheets, preserving plan, long term food storage, food storage summary, supplies, notes and information on water and pressure canning. Along with recipes and labels. My daughter and I are counting the days when we can move into a 'home' with cupboards that will truly support our desire for canning as much as possible.

I also have a copy of Building a Sustainable, Ever-Green Food Plan by Rose Gardener in the back of my Home/Stead Management Binder. To which I have also added two new sections... one for Fowl and one for other Livestock. These sections are a work in progress, because as of right now I have neither, however my binder does contain some wonderful printables from Reformation Acres to get me started in that area. And to help me plan for the future...

 Working on my herbal make-over...

I have multiple printables from JES over at Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth, in all honesty... it was her home management cover and recipes/book with all of the gorgeous images that added fuel to my binder usage. In the past, I have printed multiple copies of them, at least four off the top of my head... we gave the completed/printed binders away as gifts to other ladies. And they really enjoyed receiving them. 


Then there is her Ways of Her Household/Modern Day Herbal... recently I down sized my regular sized “herbal” to a small one, because of space issue in the camper and I am not sure what I really think about it. I mean I like the size, I just lost a lot of what I liked about the herbal... the pretty pictures and recipes on full pages. So I am not sure what I am going to yet... but while working on my Modern Day Herbal make over, I thought it would be handy to add a quick reference guide about herbal preparations to the front section. I just wanted something right in front...

And because I like to share, you can get yours too - right hereHowever, it's looks much better on google docs/drive than in my photo... so while I am learning how to add printables to this blog, I do have a newbie question... how do you format a standard size printable to say an A5 style binder, without loosing all the creativity? Is my question clear enough to understand what I want to ask? :)

And can you tell me if this printable works for you all... I am not sure if I did it right.

~ blessings!

P.S. A heartfelt thank you to the creators of these helpful home keeping tools! And this post was shared with the Art of Home-Making Mondays Link Up # 93. ** Of course reprinting my "Modern Day Herbal" would give me a reason to purchase a new binder. But I am not sure that would be helpful for the home economy right now.

2 comments

  1. I am a binder junky too! Thank you for sharing your goodies with us. Your printable came out perfect and pretty! Thank you for sharing with us! :) And for sharing a link to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you JES for letting me know how it turned out. And for the comment. Much love - Andi

    ReplyDelete