First Time Maple Popcorn

It's maple syrup season here, and can you believe that I have never tasted Maple popcorn until now! I know. Right. Anyway a friend blessed us with a quart of real maple syrup and planted the seed of Maple popcorn in my head... so I gave a whirl. 



How To Make:

Start with one cup of popped pop corn, in a large bowl. You will need to toss the ingredients together so allow room for this in the bowl you choose.

Then in a medium sauce pan, place:
  • ½ cup maple syrup 
  • ½ cup butter 
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla

Melt together over low heat, and once this is melted pour the mixture over your popped popcorn. Toss/mix well. Add salt to taste and toss again...

Let your maple pop corn cool before serving. Resist the urge to pop a piece into your mouth right away... as the syrup mixture will still be warm. A little too warm for tender mouths. 

I wouldn't normally use this much valuable syrup in a recipe, however I just had to make and serve it up to my family.  And I can say if the means are there, then this may become a maple syrup tradition at least once a year. 

~ Blessings!

No comments