The Ministry of Herbalism or Where do You work?

On my way home from milking the goat tonight, I was pondering the path of my feet, slightly in tune with the rumble-hum of Cletus. Asking myself what do I do? Truly. And how can I share it with others in a manner that would answer the question that is often asked of me - but... I don't know, encompass the reality of what I really am doing.

And as I was pulling into the drive the answer arrived like an early Spring rain, peacefully cemented into my mind. I am engaged in the Ministry of Herbalism... among all the other things that home educators, keepers and steaders do. Creatively intertwined with being a wife and mother...

Recently, I met a young mom, who is due to have a baby any week now... she and her husband are half my age. Their first little is barely two. She plans to home birth. They have a small homestead with a handful of animals and an armful of goats... and a whole of lot human-ness. They need help and love.


True, at first I was after raw milk and I was not afraid to work for it. But in three short weeks I have been consulted on udder issues, skin issues and even a mid-day call etched with concern about her little one ingesting pure essential oils. Yes, what started out as a side job has been turned into an opportunity for me to share and to serve. Abba has opened a door for me to be a light into these lives.

And looking back over the past ten years, there has always been someone in need of help. Someone who needs a listening ear, an idea they have not tried, a low-cost option compatible with a tight budget. A helping hand to weed, to craft, and to blend herbal remedies. Someone to teach the how to and how comes... yes, looking back, there reflecting me is a ministry of herbalism.

Where the wages are often paid in the account of Kingdom Work and sometimes... 

With milk and eggs. 

 But this I say, He that soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly;
and he that soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
~ 2 Corinthians 9:6 ~
~ Blessings!

Shared With: Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth - The Art of Homemaking Mondays

3 comments

  1. I just love this sentiment Andi! It really speaks to me in my little world in the country too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! This is just a little note to let you know this article has been * featured * today for our monthly feature on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! Thank you for joining us and have a lovely week! :)

    P.S. We hope to see you at this week's link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much JES, and I am very blessed by your sharing this post. I truly believe there are many things more important than money... and relationships are one of them. I see herbalism as an area of great ministry as well... :) -shalom!

      Delete