March 8, 2017

O Israel ~ Remember :: a tzitzit's rest

I am not sure what to call it really? A tzittzit keeper, hanger, holder... or visual rememberizer. Nah. But when my husband asked what are you making? I didn't have an answer, a name for it even then. I simply replied, you will see and gave him a smile. That same little smile I gave him right before I took out an excess wall with a sledge hammer. 

Okay. Maybe not that smile... but a smile none the less.


“Speak to the people of Israel, and tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to put a cord of blue on the tassel of each corner."
 ~ Numbers 15:38 ~


“You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of the garment with which you cover yourself."
~ Deuteronomy 22:12 ~


"And behold, a woman who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment..." ~ Matthew 9:20 ~

Since I do not have a name for it, I just had to share with you the pictures. The last photo also includes artwork from a dear friend's husband. His work is amazing, Praise Be to Yah!  

~ Have a great day!

Gleanings: The Law of the Fringes and You - Natan Lawrence & Lesson 20 - Torah Class

P.S. Originally I was going to make my own little beg style hanger, but after all the math was done it was cheaper to use my JoAnn Fabric's coupon and buy this one. Then I did my best to font it up a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! I keep mine on a belt but might have to make one of these just to display the others.

    ReplyDelete