May 6, 2017

In this Day - I rejoice

Today I'm: enjoying Shabbat, even though I was awaken by a phone call at five a.m. Nothing too serious, except that I am one of those people that once I am forced awake... going back to sleep is very challenging. Almost impossible...

looking out my window… the rain is due, again today. Though there was a slight break from the day before. Twenty four hours of straight rain, coming down light... but steady. Some flooding has been normal around here...

with gratitude and thanksgiving... thankful for the blessing of a second vehicle, it is not Cletus, but it is a truck with a lot in common. A truck named - Leroy... a black 4x4 Ford 150. This will help our family transport two of our three people, to work in opposite directions. Yes, I am truly grateful.

we are celebrating and enjoying... right now we are celebrating the journey from Pesach to Shavuot, by counting the days. Each night my husband shares a chapter of Sayings of the Fathers - A Messianic Perspective on Pirkei Avot by William Mark Huey and we count the day, by placing the number on the wall. On day 50 – we will 'remember' Shavuot as YHVH tells us to.


from the pages I am reading... I have a reading list a mile long, books for edification, books for my homemaking and homesteading passions and books for my new {Yah willing} educational endeavor. Yes, after careful consideration and conversation, we have decided that I should work towards becoming a labor doula.

Just the few feet into the list...

of sowing and reaping... the balcony garden is on hold, well - actually - its waiting for me... between the weeks of rain, and the squirrel battles... lets just say the balcony garden is slow going. I didn't think squirrels would dig up pea plants to eat the seed. Honestly, I have never had that happen to me in all my years of gardening. Along with my – I just can't seem to get it together... so yes, the balcony is a seedling mess.

thus creating, a cultivation of soul... I began knitting a hat for myself, one with cables... this pattern has been on my “I want to knit” list for about three years, and I am so happy to have started this project. My goal is to knit a complete set before winter kicks in – a hat, sweater and new cowl.

from the hearth... raw milk and sourdough. The raw milk is from our cow share... and the sourdough is being raised for our bucket bread. Seventy two hour fermented... easy peasy bread. Perfect for a snack food for my husband, who a few years ago started on a journey towards better health. He now has loose size thirty fours and burns through food like crazy...


adding to the apothecary... not much new really, just solar infusion for my herb oils and the workings of some notebook pages I am developing. I promise to share them with you as soon as I get them finished...


building community and sustainability... building community is so important, and for a myriad of reasons. I need to remember that it takes time to build relationships and resources... it takes involvement and putting myself out there, just a little. It takes effort and lots of give, with a little take. God did not create man to be an island unto himself... this I know. {smile}

~ Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment